Keep your cool this summer with these seafood salad recipes! They’re perfect for starters, or for serving at your next braai, or you can even pair them with your Fish Friday meals!
Haddock Steaks with Caper Mayonnaise & Rocket Salad
Grab a pack of our Sea Harvest Haddock Steaks and prepare this authentic, fresh seafood recipe with capers! Your family and friends will love you for this!
500 g Sea Harvest Haddock Steaks
1 tbsp chopped capers
Toasted pine nuts
Lemon wedges (for garnish)
- Oven bake the Sea Harvest Haddock according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Rinse capers under the tap to remove brine and dry between paper towel until they are as dry as possible.
- Mix ½ cup mayonnaise with 1 tablespoon chopped capers.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan until very hot and fry capers until crispy.
- Mix rocket leaves in a little olive oil with toasted pine nuts, parmesan shavings and fried capers.
- Slice pear into thin wedges.
- Serve by plating the fish with a dollop of caper mayonnaise on top, surrounded by rocket salad accompanied by sliced pear.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Prawn & Mango Salad Recipe
We call this summer on a plate! Enjoy plump, flavourful, Sea Harvest prawns coated in sweet chilli sauce combined with the freshest ingredients!
1 pack of cooked Sea Harvest Prawns (available from Sea Harvest Fish Shops: https://www.seaharvest.co.za/factory-shops/ )
2 ripe avocados, peeled
2 mangos, peeled and cheeks removed
4 hearts of romaine lettuces
Juice of 2 limes
6 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Coriander (Optional for garnish)
- Cut the avocado and mango lengthways into thin slices.
- ut the base off the lettuces and slice the leaves into chunky pieces. Place the leaves in a bowl with the avocado, mango and king prawns.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing the sweet chilli sauce and the lime juice together. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
- Garnish with coriander.
Hake Medallions Panzanella Salad
Impress your guests with Hake Medallions served with a side of panzanella salad and pickled beetroot. Panzanella salad is a Tuscan style chopped salad of bread and tomatoes that’s very popular in the summer and oh so easy to whip up. Enjoy!
Sea Harvest Hake Medallions
250 g cherry tomatoes
1 loaf of crusty bread
1 jar of pickled beetroot
1 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp sugar
3 tbsp white wine vinegar
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup of tomato water
Basil (For garnish)
- Oven bake the Sea Harvest Hake Medallions according to packet instructions.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, place in a colander and salt generously. Place a large bowl underneath the colander to catch the tomato juice.
- Halve the cucumber lengthwise and cut into half-moon chunks.
- Peel the oranges and separate into segments.
- Tear loaf of crusty bread into large chunks.
- To make the dressing: Mix minced garlic, Dijon mustard, sugar, white wine vinegar, olive oil and black pepper. Once the tomatoes have drained about ¼ cup of tomato water, pour over the dressing and add all the other salad ingredients including the bread. Toss until the dressing coats all ingredients and soaks into the bread, garnish with basil.
- Drain a jar of pickled beetroot and place in a separate bowl.
- Serve the hake medallions drizzled with warm hollandaise sauce, a side of fresh panzanella salad and pickled beetroot.
Summer Fish With Citrus Salad
Use our Sea Harvest Hake Medallions to whip up this tasty recipe with a citrus salad. It’s healthy, delicious and perfect for a light summer lunch.
4 portions Sea Harvest Hake Medallions
1 avocado, sliced
Handful of coriander, roughly chopped
½ tsp (2.5 ml) black pepper
½ tsp (2.5 ml) salt
½ tsp (2.5 ml) dried chilli flakes
3 tbsp citrus juice
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to maximum grill.
- Peel the citrus and cut the segments away from the pith, using a bowl to catch the juice.
- Combine the greens, avocado and citrus and set aside.
- Put the hake on a baking pan.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together and brush a little over the hake medallions, reserving the rest for the salad.
- Grill the fish for 10-12 minutes or until done. Cut the fish into chunks and toss in the herb seasoning until well coated.
- Serve with the salad and the remaining dressing.
Cape Hake, Piquantè Peppers & Feta Kebabs
Not much of a salad person? Try out this recipe for Cape Hake kebabs!
400 g Sea Harvest Grill Bakes in Lemon Pepper
24 whole piquantè peppers
80 g reduced fat feta
3 cups of cooked rice
Baby lettuce leaves
3 tbsp of piquantè peppers’ brine from the jar
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Allow the fish to defrost slightly and cut each portion into 6-8 cubes.
- Drain piquantè peppers from the brine. Cut the feta into cubes, big enough to fit snugly in the piquantè peppers. Fill each piquantè pepper with a cube of feta.
- Thread the cubes of fish onto wooden skewers, alternating with the feta-filled piquantè peppers.
- Bake the fish kebabs for 15 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through.
- In the meantime, make a dressing using the piquantè peppers’ brine and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Serve the fish kebabs on rice with a salad of mixed baby lettuce leaves and drizzle over the dressing.
What salads are you enjoying this season, Fish Lovers?
Remember to enter our latest competition that we are running on our Sea Harvest Facebook page. We are giving away 10 Sea Harvest branded beach bags, worth R250 each! Visit our page to enter and answer one simple question: https://www.facebook.com/SeaHarvestSA/.
Entries close on the 20th December 2018 at midnight. Ts & Cs apply: https://bit.ly/2PnnNb3.