It may be necessary for Sea Harvest Group Limited including any of its subsidiaries (“Sea Harvest”) to disclose your personal information, as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), to our employees and third party service providers who assist us in a number of ways,
including interacting with you via our website.
We collect personal information about you and any other person whose details you provide to us in accordance with the relevant laws, either:
- Directly from you when you complete a product or service application form, electronically, telephonically or by way of a hard copy.
- Indirectly from you when you interact with us electronically by way of our website, apps, or social media channels, which may include the collection of metadata (data about data).
- Where relevant, from third-party sources, such as other entities within the Sea Harvest Group, marketing and/or sales intermediaries that are representatives of Sea Harvest Group entities or have intermediary agreements with Sea Harvest entities, public databases, data aggregators, other marketing institutions, credit bureaus, and fraud prevention agencies.
Your relationship with Sea Harvest determines the exact nature of the personal information Sea Harvest processes, and the purpose for which such personal information is collected and used. However, in many cases we process the following personal information:
- Information about you – for example, your name, identity number, age, gender or date of birth.
- Contact information – in some cases, for example, we may receive your email, address, phone number and postal address.
- Online information – for example, cookies and IP address (your computer’s internet address), if you use our websites, apps and/or social media
We have regulatory obligations, including compliance with consumer protection legislation, to process your personal information. This may include verifying your identity and credit status. We are also required by various laws to maintain a record of our dealings with clients.
In order for us to provide clients with the products and services they have requested and to notify them of important changes to such products and services, we need to collect, use and disclose the personal information of clients.
Sea Harvest will only share your personal information with third parties if there is a legitimate reason to do so, or when needed to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
Sea Harvest will strive to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information. Sea Harvest has implemented appropriate technical and organisational information security measures to keep your information secure, accurate, current, and complete.However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us online and you do so at your own risk.
This privacy statement was last updated on 19 July 2021. A notice will be posted on the Sea Harvest website home page whenever the Privacy Notice is materially changed. Please check the website regularly to ensure that you are aware of the latest version of this Privacy Notice Should you have a complaint or concern regarding the processing of your personal information, your complaint may be submitted to email@example.com.